Follow these easy steps to get your Echo Dot Setup done in a few moments.
Amazon Alexa is a useful add-on for users who have Alexa devices. The app can provide the latest updates on what’s happening in the world, play your favorite songs, address your questions, make lists and more. alexa.amazon.comcom/setup also adapts and learns over time, giving you more functionality and a personalized experience. She even takes your vocabulary preferences into consideration. Additionally, the app makes it easy to connect to different devices in your home with just a single command for each task. You can even use the Alexa app to connect with close friends and family members who use the app on their phones. Also, The Amazon Alexa app has an intuitive interface and can be used to check all your interactions with devices linked to Alexa, which ensures that everything is in one place
Features of alexa.amazon.comcom/setup
- Create groups of smart lights and control all the lights in a room with a single command
- call and message Amazon Echo device owners and anyone else with the Alexa App on their phone or tablet
- Adapts to your needs and preferences
- instantly connect with your compatible Alexa devices for call home or to let your family know it’s time for dinner or check on an elderly relative.
- Listen to your favorite music or ask the assistant to read out the latest news stories or weather updates (and more)
- With multi-room music, create groups of compatible Echo devices on the same Wi-Fi network to play music across those devices
- With Smart Home, set-up devices, control or check status of your smart lights, locks, and thermostats at home and on-the-go
How to alexa.amazon.comcom/setup to calling steps:-
Launch the Alexa app on your smart device. Then you will arrive at your home screen.
Tap the Conversation icon in the center of the row of icons along the bottom of the screen. The conversation icon looks like a speech bubble then your conversation screen opens.
If you see a message on the conversations screen that says Alexa needs access to your device’s contacts to help you call and message your friends and family with Alexa, then you have currently not given Alexa access to your contacts, which it will need in order for you to use the Alexa calling service.
You’ll see a settings link beneath the text that will take you to the location on your device where you can give the Alexa app access to your device’s contacts. After giving Alexa access to your device’s contacts, return to the Alexa app and navigate back to the conversation section. You’ll notice the message about giving Alexa access to your contacts no longer appears and is replaced by a message about how you can now use Alexa to communicate with friends and family.
How to make alexa.amazon.comcom/setup from the phone call to Alexa app on a smart device.
Launch the Alexa app
Tap the conversations icon in the center of the row of icons along the bottom of the screen. Remember, this icon looks like a speech bubble.
Tap the contacts icon in the upper right corner of the screen. The contacts icon looks like a shape of a person. The contacts screen appears, displaying a list of everyone in your device’s contact list who has a phone number associated with an Amazon Echo device.
This is the list of people you can make Alexa-to-Alexa phone calls too.
Tap the name of the contact you want to make an Alexa-to-Alexa phone call to. A contact screen with that person’s information appears.
Tap the phone icon in the row of menu items along the top of the screen. The phone icon looks like an old-style telephone. A screen opens that will show the name of the person you’re calling, with ellipses scrolling beneath their name. Additionally, until the person picks up your phone call, you’ll hear the periodic sound of a phone ringing over your device’s speaker, similar to what you would hear with any other phone call. If the person on the other end accepts your call, you’ll see a connected message beneath that person’s name on the screen, and you’ll be able to talk with them on your device. Alternatively, if they decline your call, you’ll see an Ended message beneath that person’s name on the screen briefly, before being returned to that person’s contact screen.
You can end the call using the red “End call” icon along the bottom of the screen
How to make alexa.amazon.comcom/setup phone calls on an Amazon Echo device using your voice
Say,”Alexa, call(insert Alexa contact name)” The name that you tell Alexa to call must match the name of a person who shows up in your Alexa contact list to make an Alexa-to-Alexa phone call. Then the light ring on your Amazon Echo device will turn green.
If the person you’re calling has notifications enabled for the Alexa app on their smart device, they will see a notification that they have an incoming call from you. Alternatively, if they are near an Amazon Echo device associated with their account, the light ring on their Echo device will turn green and announce that you would like to talk.
If the person you’re trying to contact declines your phone call, Alexa will inform you through your device that the contact is not available. Alternatively, if the person is available to talk, you’ll hear them pick up on the other end of the line.
You can end the call at any time by saying “Alexa, Hang up” or “Alexa, End call”.The light ring on your Echo device will turn blue before turning off.
How to use alexa.amazon.comcom/setup to call a phone number using voice
Say,”Alexa, call (insert contact name from device contact list)’.Alternatively, you can say,”Alexa, dial(speak number)” to dial a specific phone number that isn’t in your device’s contact list.
The light ring on your Amazon Echo device will turn green, and Alexa will announce that she is calling that specific contact. You’ll hear a periodic ringing while the contact is being dialed.
The contact you are dialing will see the phone number associated with your Amazon Echo device as the number attempting to reach them. The user will either answer, or you’ll be routed to their voice messaging service.
When you are done with the conversation, or if you decide you no longer want to make the phone call, say either”Alexa, hang up” or “Alexa, end call”.The light ring on your Echo device will turn blue before turning off.
Amazon Echo WiFi Setup
Amazon echo can only function properly with an active internet connection. when you have an active internet connection, once you speak, Alexa will process your commands and stream the media with the help of Amazon echo device.
Before the Start the Process of your Amazon echo WiFi Setup, you should make sure to follow these simple steps:-
(1) Make sure you plug amazon Echo into the Power outlet.
(2) Open your Amazon Alexa app on phone or Tablet.
Your Amazon echo can only connect to dual-band WiFi such as 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz networks, it can not be connected to a Peer to Peer Connection based Network.
Start the Following process for a Successful WiFi Setup:-
(1) Open your Amazon Alexa app and from the Left-hand top navigation button to go to Settings.
(2) You need to select the device and then select the option from the top which says Update WiFi.In case you are setting up a new device to your Amazon account, you need to select the option which says set up a new device.
(3). You need to press and hold the action button until the light ring color changes to orange.
(4) Go to WiFi settings from your device settings and you will see a List of WiFi networks which are available near your device, you need to connect to Amazon-xxx(xxx stands for last three alphanumeric character of your serial number. For reference, We are showing an image below as an example of WiFi network which will appear in your list.
once you are connected to amazon WiFi, you need to go back into Alexa app and continue with the setup.
(5) Select the WiFi network you want your Amazon Echo to Connect to and enter the Password of your wireless network. In case your WiFi network is not shown in the list, you can manually add a network by selecting add a network or Re-scan the list.
(6) You can also save your WiFi Passwords to Amazon for Future Reference and Ease to connect to your Specified network.
once your Amazon Echo is connected to your WiFi network, a confirmation message will appear on the screen. You can use your Alexa now as it’s ready to be used.
You can also go to http://alexa.amazon.com and follow the same steps to connect a WiFi network on the Amazon Echo.